Home Page

Frequently Asked Questions

Questions and Answers:

Who are our School Uniform stockists?

School uniform may be purchased from A & H Rosenfield temporarily based in Rainbow uniforms Bradshawgate Leigh, or Impressions Uniforms, Unit 116 Golborne Enterprise Park, Golborne.


How do I register my child for Breakfast Club?

You must contact the Breakfast Club staff or the School Office to request a place. A £5.00 per day payment is required. Please send this into school in a named envelope.


When will my child go swimming?

The Y4 children go swimming in the Autumn term (September to December), Y3 children in the Spring term (January to April) and Y2 children in the Summer term (April to July).


Will the school apply sun cream during the day?

Sun cream will only be administered on medical grounds. Parents must ensure that sun cream is applied in the morning, if required.


What can I purchase from the office?

Water bottles may be obtained priced at £1.30 each.


How much are school dinners?

School dinners are £2.40 per day.  As of from September 2014, every child in Foundation Stage/KS1 will be entitled to a free school lunch. For any further information please contact the school office or Google School Hub


I want my child to have a packed lunch, what can I include in their lunchbox?

We are a ‘Healthy School’ and suggest items such as sandwiches, fruit, yoghurt, crackers, pasta and healthy biscuits. Please do not include fizzy drinks, sweets and chocolate bars.


Can my child learn to play a musical instrument in school?

Peripatetic music teachers visit school and offer lessons to children in recorder, guitar, violin, keyboard, brass and voice.  Lessons usually cost £5.99 per session, and must be paid for in advance. However, if you in receipt of free school meals, please get in touch as your child may be entitled to help with tuition fees. 

Reminders are sent half termly and payment should be sent directly to class.


What do I do if my child is absent from school?

Please telephone the school on 01942  678903 as soon as possible or send a note explaining the reason for the absence. Holidays taken in school time will not be authorised, but the school must be notified prior to the absence.


What do I do if my child has sickness and/or diarrhoea?

Keep your child off school. Your child must only return to school 48 hours after the last episode of sickness/diarrhoea.


Will school administer medication to my child?

Medication prescribed by a doctor can be administered to your child at school.

In order for us to give the medicine, a form must be completed (available from the school office).

The medication must have a chemist dispensing label with your child’s name and amount to be given.

All medicines must be dropped off and collected from the office by an adult.

Medication, such as CALPOL, that has not been prescribed may be given at schools discretion.  In order for this to be administered, an accompanying letter must be handed in at the office.


Is there a lost property box in school?

We do have lost property boxes in school, but please ensure that all items of uniform are clearly labelled so they can be returned to your child.


Can my child wear jewellery in school?

Children can wear a wrist watch, or stud earrings, but we ask that no other jewellery is worn.