Year 5 Curriculum Enhancement 2018-19
- Using an aging app on iPad- will you look like more like Mum or Dad when you are older?
- Trip to Science & Industry museum looking at forces
- Designed, created and tested parachutes
- Created, rehearsed and performed ‘Harvest Assembly’ in front of school and parents
- Carried out own research on one of the American states and created a piece of written and creative work on the topic
- Used the internet and holiday broachers to plan a journey to a place in another part of the world, taking account of distance, cost and time.
- Devised at created a competition involving physical abilities, observing and recording results
- Investigation into friction (involving various materials)
- Design and created Christmas tree decorations using salt dough
- Design and created Christmas cards
- Wrote non-chronological report on mythical creatures and created our own book for adventures
- Created Lego models and then used coding skills to make them move
- Class debate – For or Against an adventure
- Photo editing using various apps and programs
- Research religious art and designed our own spiritual designs