- Christmas production – The Little Angel Gets Her Wings.
- Charanga music unit - Hands, feet, heart and Ho Ho Ho.
- Kittywake trip – seeing places of interest and learning about our local history from a canal barge.
- Leigh Library visit – learning what a library is and building our enthusiasm for reading.
- Gymnastic routines and PE bear.
- School councillors – children created posters, presented themselves and has a class ballot to select our councillors.
- Fruit collages in the style of Giuseppe Arcimboldo.
- Using tactile and pictorial representations for multiplication and division.
- Around £30 raised for Children in Need day.
- Christmas tree decorating – each child brought a bauble in to decorate the school tree.
- Salt dough Christmas decorations for the Christmas Fayre.
- Breakfast with Santa.
- Christmas maths / colouring.
- Class reader Flat Stanley, including kite flying – newspaper article, diary extracts, recounts and information texts.
- Class reader Coming Home – information text, recount and poetry.
- Science – wormery and growing cress seeds.
- DT – a picnic for an explorer.
- Music – songs from 100 years ago – Pack up your Troubles and It’s a Long Way to Tipperary.
- Art – Lowry landscape paintings.
- Computing – PowerPoint on 100 years.
- Science – a visit from a bearded dragon and tortoise.
- Maths – building bar models and pictograms.
- Song writing for Safer Internet Day.
- Reading miles – Dancing to Dublin and Catapult to Cardiff
- Class assembly – acting, singing in two parts and dancing.
- Chinese New Year – made dragon puppets, whole class dragon and whole class dragon dancing with percussion accompaniment.
- World Book Day – children came dressed up and made books using the Book Creator app. Books linked to Neil Armstrong.
- RE trip – Lowton St Mary’s church – focus on the features inside a church and what they represent, followed by write up.
- British Science Week – visited Imagine That! (science experiments).
- Class reader Fantastic Mr Fox – interviewing Mr Fox, diary extract, information text and poster. The Hodgeheg – information text, leaflet, diary and newspaper report.
- Science – creating Venn diagrams to sort and classify materials.
- Eggs Factor competition.
- Art – painted Christopher Columbus’ ship in the style of William Turner.
- DT – dinosaur land.
- Charanga songs – I wanna play in a band and Zootime with our own compositions.
- French – school subjects – speaking in sentences
- Valentine’s Day, Mothers’ Day and Easter cards.
- Caking designing for Valentine’s Day